Saturday, May 2, 2009

Girl's Weekend Trip....

Every year a bunch of girlfriends take a trip to San Francisco. I think this is our 5th year doing it, so we decided to change it up a little. Instead of San Fran, we decided to go to Monterey, Carmel, and Capitola. All of them are touristy beach towns with lots of fun little shops.

It's basically 8 moms having a slumber party for the weekend without kids. Woo Hoo!

It was a lot of fun. Shopping, shopping and more shopping. Pedicures, Movies, Walking on the beach, and hanging out, giggling till all hours of the night. Good times!

Here are a few pics of the trip. We tend to take lots of pictures when we're eating, for some reason. That's mostly when we're all in one place, I guess.



Kelsey and I running on the beach in Monterey at the crack of dawn. Whoa, we look scary!


Eating breakfast on the wharf after our super long, exhausting run.


Shazia showing us how to properly wrap one's head. She's our token Muslim friend. We're a joke without a punch-line - "7 Mormons and a Muslim go on a trip...."


Hanging out in Capitola.

Suzi and I in Capitola


Kelsey asking if she had anything in her teeth. (Sorry, Kelsey - this one makes me laugh!)


Eating breakfast at the Hotel in Monterey.


Capitola Beach



Tami, Shazia, and Shelley - Monterey Beach


Dinner at California Pizza Kitchen - Monterey


Shelley, Jill and I - Monterey Beach.


Sister - Kelsey and I - Monterey Beach.

Pedicures in Carmel


All the girls - Suzi, Kelsey, Nicole, Shazia, Tami, Shelley, Jill, and I - Monterey Beach.


After the girls' weekend, I stayed for a few more days and hung out with Kelsey. I called the other sister Kim to tell her I'd be there, so she got a ticket from Seattle to come play with us. Yay! Love hanging out with the sisters. Ruthy couldn't come cause she was about to pop out a baby. Next time, Foof!



Me, Kelsey and Kim at B.J.'s for lunch.



I'm almost winning! It really helps when you cross your eyes and grit your teeth.


What a joke - she can kick my bum every time. Has since we were LITTLE!


Kelsey thinks she's tougher/stronger than I am. I showed her!
Look at that OVER-THE-TOP move. Keep working on it Kelsey - someday you'll have guns like me.

Rendezvous with Rebekah in Stockton before I left.

Kim and I waiting at the airport together for our flights home.

Super fun trip - can't wait to do it again next year.

4 comments:

morris said...

Whatever! I totally beat you in arm wrestling. If you need to lie to make yourself feel better then go ahead I guess.

Unknown said...

LOL - I know you beat me! LIE? Harsh - it was just a tiny little exaggeration!

morris said...

I was just kidding too.

Trisha said...

Looks like a blast! Jarom and I love to visit Monterey and Santa Cruz to see some of my family-always so much fun and so much to do.