Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Dinner Blessing...

Today Rylee was feeling sick, so Del stayed home from church to be with her. While he was home he made dinner, so it would be ready when the rest of us got home. Pot roast, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, etc. Yu-uh-uh-mmy!

Bug had just enough time to come home and eat before his Scout Troop headed off to Scout camp all week. Since he will be gone, Del asked him to say the blessing on the food. After he said the usual things, he asked, "Please help everybody make it through the week without me." Matt will also be gone for EFY in San Antonio this week, so Del made Bug include his name as well.

Thank goodness it was at the end of the blessing, because we all had a hard time holding in our snorts and laughter.

As soon as he said AMEN - we all laughed, including Bug. He cracks himself up. And us.


3 comments:

Keri said...

I love that Bug was so concerned you would be lost without him. I have a feeling you will survive just fine with 2 less children this week!

Sparkle Mama said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love the ones she threw in- that I had not seen before. They are all FAB!

Sparkle Mama said...

ha ha... I meant to post this above comment on the professional pictures posts

so my comment for this post is: Toooo funny! My little sister once prayed that we would all have a good rest and not wake up in the morning... we all couldn't help laughing. We do want to wake up eventually!