Monday, June 29, 2009

San Diego or bust!

A few months ago Del and I planned a trip to go to San Diego with the kids for a week after they got out of school. We were going to drive there and meet up with all my siblings and their families. We'd hang out on the beach, and let the kids run wild.

About a month or two before school got out, Del found out he couldn't get off work for the month of June, which totally stunk! We were all bummed. Del said we might as well go anyway, because he'd have a really busy week at work and we wouldn't see him that much anyway. He offered to fly us all there so I wouldn't have to drive for 2 days with 5 kids by MYSELF just to get there, and then again 2 more days home. YUCK! Matthew eagerly offered to take turns with me driving. Ummm - NO. So to prevent any road rage and vehicular homicides, we all flew. A first time with all the kids by myself. It wasn't so bad. We're a walking freak show. Going through security was fun.

I told Del about a year ago that I wanted to get family pictures taken on the beach. Even though he couldn't be there, we still had some taken. We gave them to him for Father's Day. He loved them, but I'm still going to make big poster collage so he can hang them in his office at work.

Alison Beachem is such an awesome photographer. Her blog link is on the bottom right if you want to see more of her work. She's a friend of a friend. OK, but now she's my friend too. We had a lot of fun taking them. We had them taken the day after we got there, and the kids hadn't been to the beach yet. They couldn't wait to get in the water, but it was a Sunday so I wouldn't let them go swimming.

Here are the pics I kept. Alison threw in a few of her favorites too.










































6 comments:

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

Those turned out SO nice...I love all of them, but especially love the one of you and the boys. Super cute!

Wendy said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

Betsy said...

They are all awesome pictures. My favorite is the one of matthew jumping.

Julie said...

WOW! She is a great photographer!

D. Goddess said...

Gorgeous pictures. I can't believe how grown up the kids all look, esp Rylee. Boo hoo. I miss you guys!

Sparkle Mama said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love the ones she threw in- that I had not seen before. They are all FAB!