Monday, April 13, 2009

Pat Green Concert....

Saturday night we went to the Nutty Brown Cafe' for the Pat Green Concert. He's from Austin - local boy makin' it big. He has some really good songs - check them out.

The Cafe' has an outdoor amphitheater in the back. Very small concert, so you can get right up to the stage (if you don't mind losing your hearing for a few hours.) Our ears were ringing for a while afterward, but it was lots of fun.

I have Del convinced he should take me dancing this weekend for our hot date. Wooo Hooo! He said he's prepared to dance every single song - WHOA! We haven't been dancing in so many years, I can't REMEMBER the last time.

One time when we lived in Mesa, we (I mean I - Del went kicking and screaming) wanted to go dancing, but we didn't want to go to a bar. I think we had 2 kids at the time. So Del and I decided to go to a Stake Singles dance. HOLY MOLY!

We walked in, looked around, danced once, but then I had to go to the bathroom, so I told Del as we were walking off the dance floor. He was holding my hand, and wouldn't let go, panicked and said "NO WAY! - You're not leaving me alone in here!!" I was laughing hard! I had to pry my fingers out of his! We didn't stay long, but it was fun to see what our options would be, should anything happen to either of us. We both came to the conclusion that we would remain single for the rest of our lives. YIKES!

These pics are terrible - we all forgot to bring a good camera. These were taken with my phone - blurry, and we look like crap, etc. But whatever - we had fun!!






Ken and Keri


Brent & Leslie



5 comments:

Scott's said...

I think you all look pretty hot!!!

Wendy said...

LOL at your Singles Dance experience. But don't knock the system - sometimes it works!!(Let's just say that there can be a few diamonds among the coal -- but yeah, I know what you mean...been there, done that, glad I don't have to do it anymore) Looks like you're all having a great time in TX. Miss you!!

Ken said...

Yeah, Keri and I are green and looking hot! Can't wait to see Del tear it up. I'm so going to just sit and watch...

Sparkle Mama said...

Looks like fun :) Sorry we couldn't go too- I can't wait to feel better to join in on the fun more. Have fun dancing tonight. That is so funny about y'all going to the singles dance...cause I love to dance and Bill HATES it so when we were newly weds I wanted to dance but not go to a bar place either so I went with some of my girl co-workers to a singles dance. I was having a blast until a guy grabbed me and pulled me out on the dance floor...I said sorry I can't dance with ya- I am married. He asked "then why are you at a singles dance?" okay can we saw AWKWARD! I never went to another one after that.

Rushell said...

Hey we were totally going to that, we love Pat Green... but then we bailed and gave our tickets away. Heared it was super hot and crowed. Glad you are experiencing some true Texas fun.