Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Barton Springs...

Last Friday my good friend Kenna came to visit me from California. Yay! My first friend-visit. We had lots of fun, hanging out talking most of the time.

Saturday we took her to Zilker Park / Barton Springs to go swimming. It's a natural spring that stays at 68 degrees year-round. The Jacksons came and brought their kids as well to join in the fun. Matt didn't come - he was home sick with a cold. Yucky.

Del and I went off the diving board! We haven't done that in probably over 10 years! Del did a very graceful dive, and I did a back flip, thankful that I didn't hit my head on the board. I can't wait to go back. Swimming was great - after you got used to the water. Sooooo cold!


At Barton Springs it's ok to go topless. Thankfully most of the people there were families, and refrained from showing off their.... - stuff. Del and I only saw one girl that was so bold, but she was in the water and we made sure we stayed on the OTHER end of the pool. Sheesh!

Del - workin' it.

Bug - being shy.

Travis - swims like a fish.

Rylee, Sydney & Kambry - hanging out under the tree.

Kenna - looking oh-so lovely hanging out under the tree.

Kenna and I - trying to catch our breath. Slowly going deeper and deeper.
(Oh yeah, I went blonde on Thursday.)

Keri and Kade.

Ken taking Kacey for a nature hike.

Packing up ready to leave - waiting on the boys in the little boys' room.



Saturday night the adults went out to Chuy's (a local favorite Mexican restaurant) and then to Esther's Follies for some laughs.

Chuy's - YUMMY.

Ken and Keri


At Esther's Follies - waiting for the show to start.

Fun weekend. Thanks for coming to play, Kenna. Can't wait to do it again!

5 comments:

Ginger said...

That looks so fun! Isn't there a "hot" springs in Safford somewhere? I've never been, but heard about it. PS - I like your hair blonde - especially as tan as you are!

Ruthy Butler said...

Looks like fun! Who did your hair?? It looks good!

Sparkle Mama said...

Wow- more fun, fun, fun! Y'all are just the family of fun :) I didn't know that "topless" fact about Barton Springs- thanks for the heads up on that...yikes!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dc said...

It was the day before Sydney's birthday. She was SO exited.