Friday, August 28, 2009

First Day of School 2009

My favorite day of the year has come and gone without any emotional meltdowns. Yay! Last year I was a blubbering idiot because it was the first day with all the kids in school ALL DAY.

This year - I'm proud to say, not a single tear was shed. We now have children in 3 different schools, which means 3 different start times. What a mess.

Matt (high school) has to get up at 5:00 am for early morning seminary - catches a ride at 5:30, but then comes home after that until school starts at 9:00.

The rest of us are up at 6:15. Del then goes to pick up Matt from Seminary by 6:50.

Bug (Middle School) has to catch his bus at 7:10.

The younger 3 (Elementary School) leave the house by 7:20.


Mornings are psycho now.

I was making them laugh. CHEESY!


This is Bug on the 2nd day of school, as he already left to catch his bus before I remembered to take a pic on the FIRST day.

We love school. School is our friend.

3 comments:

Emily H said...

Your kids are so big! I think Travis is double the size of KC. Tell him to keep his hands to himself. He can make friends other ways. HAHA.

amy k said...

I don't know how you do it getting up that early. Wow! I hope that schedule never comes my way.

Sparkle Mama said...

Yep, I bet you are happy to have your house remain clean for hours at a time now. See ya Tuesday.