Sunday, September 6, 2009

New Teeth, New Stadium, Old friend....

Friday night Del and I drove to Dallas.

Eric was going to be there this weekend for the BYU vs. OU Football game in the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium. What a perfect opportunity to get my permanent teeth in that I've been PATIENTLY waiting for for the last 6 months. Wooo Hoooo! No more swallowing temporary teeth, or wearing a hillbilly bob retainer with a tooth attached. Phew! Thanks, Eric!!

He called a few weeks ago and asked if we wanted to go to the game while we were there for the teeth-fixing, since he had a couple extra tickets. We figured what the heck. Can't say we've ever been die-hard BYU fans, but it would be fun to see the new stadium, and if BYU happened to pull off the upset, it would be pretty dang fun to watch.

First thing Saturday, we went to Eric's brother-in-law's dental office to get my shiny new teeth. They're sparkly. :) Yay - I can eat chewy things again.

After the quick dental appointment we went to Lucas where my friend Angie lives. We met when we lived in Virginia, and we've seen each other here and there over the years, but I couldn't wait to see her new house and cute family again - AND her cute little pregnant-with-her-6th-child-self. (She's an over-achiever.) We had a great time touring her adorable farm house and catching up. She inspires me in sooooo many ways. Love her like a sister.


After we left Angie, we went to the Stadium in Arlington. It looks like a spaceship. The red shirts out-numbered the blue by at least 10 to 1. It looked like a home game for Oklahoma. They even drove a sooner with horses across the field as the players were coming out. I bet Jerry Jones was hemorrhaging somewhere.




The massive jumbo tron is 60 yards long. Sooo stinkin' HUGE!


We sat next to my sister-in-law, Tosha, and her sister.
Meet the REAL Alexa Nugent. (Remember - I borrowed her identity for the Camp Pendleton Mud Run.)

Alexa and Tosha cheering on BYU. Cute sisters.


Sadly we had no BYU attire to sport for the game, but at least Del's t-shirt was blue. :)

It was sooooo much fun! I might just become a BYU fan after all. Maybe. I guess if my kids go there or something. A few years ago I went to a Women's Conference at BYU. I saw a poster at a campus eatery that said, "Friends don't let friends have facial hair." It cracked me up. OK fine, I'll work on it.

4 comments:

Emily H said...

So Jealous. What a game.

Becky said...

Kristin-
I had no idea you had the billy bob retainer with a tooth attached! I did, too! For WAY too long, but thankfully my bridge on the front tooth is complete and my implant on the bottom tooth is done. Way better than all that extra stuff in my mouth, huh!

Sparkle Mama said...

way to support BYU in their triumph! oh yeah :) great pics- glad yall had fun.

Tosha Mack said...

It was a great game! Loved it all! Glad we could see ya'll even if it was a short visit!