Thursday, September 10, 2009

Salty & Sweet...

For years now I've had issues. I know you just thought, "DER" to yourself. Don't deny it.

But the one I'm talking about is my Salty & Sweet habit. I've gone through MANY phases of these. I'm sure most people who have been around me can tell you the one I was on at the time.

Today Del took me on a trip down memory lane. He filled a bag with some of my favorites.


It started when I got pregnant with Matthew, and progressed from there.

With Matt I craved HOT pickles. We were living in Mesa at the time, and we'd drive home to the Gila Valley a lot. We'd have to stop at the Chevron in Globe to pick up a pickle. Del would have the windows rolled down, as he couldn't stand the smell of them. We found a gallon jar of them at our local Costco and I ate the entire gallon within 2 days. It cured me. Haven't touched one since.

I usually didn't go through the phases until AFTER I gave birth to the babies.

With Bug it was Whoppers and Sunflower Seeds.
Travis was Fritos and Crispy M&M's.
Sydney was the one that made me REALLY balloon - Ruffles and Circus Peanuts.
Rylee was KitKats and I think just plain old SALT. I would dip my finger in it.

See.... ISSUES.


8 comments:

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

I love it! Pregnancy does weird things to your body! I couldn't eat enough crunchy tacos with ToNS of soft sour cream with Logan...why? I swear I could eat them 3 times a day!

Ruthy Butler said...

I remember each and everyone of those phases! I thought a few of them were very weird!!!

Collette said...

Lol! You were on a Chocolate Covered Cherries from Costco Phase when we were hanging out! haha! I still think of you every time I eat one of those!

Emily H said...

Whenever anyone has popcorn and M&M's I think of you.

Emily said...

I'm laughing so hard! They say your body's never the same after you've had babies. That's hilarious!

The Larry and Lori Layton Family said...

I always had a thing for Ruffles and vanilla ice cream, but most people think I'm crazy.

It still amazes me to see how much you have done in Austin in the short time you've been here.

Sparkle Mama said...

I think that is cool and not an issue...way to embrace the desires and cravings. Okay the amount of pickles you ate from costco grossed me out a bit ;) ha ha

Tosha Mack said...

I read the first comment and then had to go back and re-read your post-- it made it seem like you had announced that you were prego. I was in shock! Anyway, all I can say is CIRCUS PEANUTS....really?!?