Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Photography 101...

Today my friend Betsy came over to teach me how to use my own camera (sad, I know.)  I attempted the owner's manual, but it's all Swahili to me.  One-on-one help was awesome.  She's a FABULOUS photographer, so I asked if she would mind showing me some basics besides point-and-click.  The first thing I learned was that I need a new camera, new lenses, filters, and carrying case.  OK fine... I'll settle for a new lens for now.  I need a full-time job to support this habit - I'm seriously thinking about getting one until my hair clientele builds up to where I want it.  We'll see....

So - I started practicing as soon as my favorite subjects got home from school.  They were thrilled!   NOT.  Some are better sports than others though.  I played around with the shutter speed, aperture and depth of field.  (I'm now down with the lingo)  in the house and out.  

Sydney and Rylee got a plant from the Pfall Pfreak-Out (instead of a cake walk, they had a plant walk).  So I snapped pics as they were planting their new weed-like plants in the front yard.  Travis was helping with a shovel, and "supervising."


Matt walked in the door red-cheeked from athletics class last period.

Bug - most like his father when it comes to wanting his pic taken.

Travis who looks the MOST like his dad.

Syd - You can see the scar above her left eye from jumping off the top bunk.


Rylee - see the white scar on her bottom lip from chasing a balloon under the kitchen table in Utah, and slipping on the hardwood floor.  

6 comments:

Rebecca and Eric Mantanoña said...

Seeing all these pix makes me miss your kids so much! Good thing I have my own to keep me more than busy! They all look fabulous! I love photography!

Sara said...

These pictures are great! I want a new camera, lens, all the goods. Someday right?

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

Wish I was there to learn along with you....I've always wanted to know what all those things on my camera stood for...LOL!

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

You've been booed! Check out my blog to get your treat! Happy Halloween

Jeff and Mandy said...

Hey Kristin! Your kids are so big! And cute! I haven't seen you guys in forever! That is crazy about your eyelashes too! Ah! Ur so funny!

Sparkle Mama said...

That is great that Betsy taught you some photography stuff :) She is really talented at that.

You mentioned your hair clients- speaking of that- Emma and I need our hair refreshed soon! Maybe Ethan too- he is so little but has so much hair... I don't know how to trim the side burns and neck area.