Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sydney's Baptism...

Little Miss Sydney Ruth was baptized this last July before we moved. This is the first time I sent out invitations (hadn't even thought about it before, but a girlfriend gave me the idea - THANKS Julie - you rock! ) She also let me copy her idea of doing a video in between the baptism and confirmation instead of a special number. (We weren't in the same Stake, so it was good.) Plus, nobody else was getting baptized in our ward that month, so we could make it more personal - Yay!

We were very excited to have
Grandma Ruth there (her namesake) and Grandma Karen. It was a fun day for all of us. It was a crazy weekend though - she got baptized on Saturday, and the movers came Monday to box everything up. Poor Grandma Ruth didn't know what she was in for when she agreed to come, but we're thankful we got to spend time with her. My kids adore her as do I - she's the best giggler. She also plays a mean game of ROOK (Arizona rules.)

Many friends also took time out of their busy day to attend, and we're thankful they could spend the day with us before we moved. AND - we had the most fabulous cakes after the baptism. Sherry, Brittany, and Suzi are awesome, and everybody LOVED the yummy cakes. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Some have already seen the video at her baptism, or the copies I sent for the Grandparents who weren't able to attend, but there were so many who couldn't come that DIDN'T get to see it, I thought I'd share. (Plus I really want to figure out how to input a video on this thing.)

Answers to questions I've been asked: I got the two songs from iTunes. The first is I Am a Child of God/I Have a Savior by Ryan Maag for EFY, and the second is What Heaven Sees In You by Doug Walker. Love BOTH songs. I took most of the photos, except for a couple school pics, and I put it together using iMovie on my trusty iMAC. The font on the invitation is Zapfino (came on the Mac, but you can also buy it online.)  Sydney's dress - we got at Dressed In White.


I have to say - the video was much better at the baptism in HD on a big screen.

6 comments:

MaryAnn said...

OKAY! Can I just hire you to raise my kids? That is so precious! And I don't use the word "precious" often!!!
MaryAnn

Unknown said...

Raise YOUR kids? You silly woman, did you know you have SEVEN!? I can barely handle my own. Plus - just because I can do stuff on the computer does NOT mean I'm always a stellar MOM. But thanks for the invitation. It's always nice to be invited.

Kim - we wish you could've come too, but that's okay, we'll see you at Thanksgiving! Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

How sweet, Isnt it nice to look back on just 8 years of a childs life. It goes by so fast, and memories is what helps us remember how precious they are. You have done good Kristen. Thanks for sharing your moments with us.

Julie said...

I loved the video you did for Sydney, hope you don't mind but I used the same songs in the video I've done for Anna's baptism (Saturday).

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments - since I just started doing the videos with Sydney, I'd like to go back and do one for each of the boys as well. It is fun to look back over their lives and watch them grow up. Kenny Chesney says it well - "Don't Blink."

Julie- of course I don't mind, like I said - I copied from my other friend Julie. Although - she used different songs - one was Angels by David Archuletta.

Good luck with the baptism!

Wendy said...

Sydney is so pretty. She looks like her Mama!! I already saw this at your California house and loved it then too. I wish I was the creative mom you were...Luv ya! (So glad you're blogging now...)