Friday, October 31, 2008

Matt and Bug's Halloween Party...

There was a Ward Youth Costume party Halloween night.  Matt and Bug WERE going to go as Obama and McCain, but decided at the last minute that they really didn't want to do that.  So we were scrambling for costumes an hour before the party started.  

I went through the costume box, and Matt decided to be a grim reaper, or scary person, or whatever you want to call a guy in black robes wielding a sword.


Bug tried on Del's "rice farmer" costume from a few years ago, but it was too big.  So I pulled out my Geisha costume instead.  

Bug - "NO WAY - I'm not going as a GIRL!"
Mom - "I'll give you $20 bucks."
Bug - "Done."
Mom - "Seriously?"
Bug - "Yeah, but only if you give me $20."
Mom - "OK!"  (I really didn't think he'd do it.)

He doesn't look too bad!  They hated trying to get the makeup off though.  


7 comments:

Wendy said...

That's too funny! Bug makes a very pretty Geisha.

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

Wow, I looked at the pictures before I read the blog and was trying to figure out which girl in your family that was. Great costume.

Ruthy Butler said...

Bug makes a way prettier Geisha than I did! Thats so funny!!!!

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

That is hilarious....Bug looks so thrilled!

Gma Karen said...

Great pictures - I can't believe bug really did it. LOL Matt looks good too. Sorry about your eyelashes - looks like that would have really hurt!
Love,
Mom

Trisha said...

Aw! But what a pretty geisha he is.

Sparkle Mama said...

Y'all crack me up! Great make up on both kids... you have some mad make up skills!