Sunday, February 15, 2009

DRAW!

When Del and I were engaged, he and his best friend Matt lived in the little old house next to the restaurant where we met.  They were roommates for a few months before we got married.

I was a frequent visitor of this "man cave."  We used to sit and watch t.v. together, Star Trek, Lonesome Dove, Bonanza, you name it, it had to be MANLY.  Del also used to have an old gun cabinet that sat in the living room, beckoning these men to take a gun out and just hold it.  

Many a night, they'd each have a pistol in their hands as they watched t.v.  They would practice their gun-slinging skills: spinning it, twirling it around, doing tricks, pretending they were wearing holsters.  They would also practice their QUICK DRAW.   They wouldn't face each other or anything stupid like that and I'm PRETTY sure they weren't loaded - they mostly just drew on the bad guys on t.v.  It was funny to watch.

Things have really changed around here.  He no longer has the gun cabinet in the living room with the glass doors.  His collection lives in a safe now with trigger locks, and secret combinations all hidden away from curious little hands.

NOW...... he has an iPhone to occupy his hands while chillin' out in front of the t.v.  He has an application on his iPhone, called iQuick Draw.  I'm NOT making this up!  This application lets you pretend you're holding a pistol, and you have to jerk it upward, and it makes the shooting sound.  It is hysterical!   He quick-draws for the kids, and they ooooo and ahhhhh. 

Our hero, the iPhone slinger.


PS - I told him I was going to write this down on the blog.  He said quit making fun of him.  But as I sat down next to him to watch t.v. he said excitedly - "Ya know what the cool thing about this application is?  If  YOU download it too, we can quick draw against each other!"  PAHHH!  I couldn't stop laughing.

4 comments:

Jared said...

That's pretty funny. I'll have to see if I can download it on my iTouch. We can have a competition when you all come this summer to see who draws the quickest.

MaryAnn said...

I remember always driving by your house at night coming around that corner by Casa, and seeing your lights on and you guys inside together and thinking, "How nice, I'm so happy for them.". I had no idea you were in there shooting at each other.. . .
Actually, I was just NOW realizing that house it gone. Weird.
LOVE THIS POST! Del is so funny!

Sparkle Mama said...

You should totally get that application :) I bet Del would be so happy! He might even do the NDS for it :) ha ha!

Ken said...

Um, I saw the gun collection Sunday evening. I think Del could really be a gun slinger. I'd be afraid.

At least I know where I'll be if the end of times are upon us. LOL