Wednesday, February 18, 2009

NDS = Happiness

I've been thinking about making our blog private.  Friends and family only.  Del and I have talked about it and we go back and forth.  I think the only reason I haven't, is because I like to find OTHER friends' blogs, that haven't "invited" me to read, but love reading them nonetheless.  I wouldn't want to deprive anyone..... LOL.  

Do I really want strangers all up in my business - knowing details of the goings-on of my family?  Then again, why would I care, if I don't know them, and they don't know me?  It's a conundrum.  Although, this post might seal the deal to go private.  We'll see.  I'm mostly worried about Del's family.  I don't think they truly know me like the rest of my own family and friends do.  I might be sliding downhill fast in their estimation.  I may have just crossed the line.....

So - back to the topic of the day:  NDS = Happiness.  (I'll just give you the second 2 letters of the acronym, and you can come up with your OWN "N" word.)

Del and I recently started a little "game" - called the "N" Deacon Shuffle.  I think most people know what this means, but if it's foreign to you, it's just dancing.  Step to the right, step to the left, not really getting into any elaborate routine or getting down with your bad-self.  No other moves required, i.e. macarena or funky chicken with arm gestures, turning around, etc. - just stepping back and forth to a/the beat.  Totally harmless, innocent, stinking hilarious.  (If you're getting a visual already, let me just apologize now.)

In order to play this game, you have to want something REALLY bad.  For example - Del wanted something on Valentine's Day.  In order to get what he wanted, I said he had to do the NDS first.  He was stubborn.  Sat on the couch for awhile thinking about it.  Without warning, he went into the other room, and came back a short time later wearing THIS.


He was also wearing sweat pants as well.  He danced.  I laughed sooooo hard, I couldn't stop.  He totally cheated, but I let it slide, for the sheer genius that he was, and for making me laugh.  (BTW - we don't go in public in that - I got it for him last year, thought it was funny, cuz we're ALL naked under our clothes, right!?)

Last night I was really craving some of Del's famous no-bake cookies.  We call them Birthday Cookies, because he always makes them for me on my birthday.  He just has the magic touch to make them perfect.  I asked him to make them after the kids went to bed.  He said, "no way - you have to do the NDS first."

We both laughed, and continued watching t.v.  Nothing else said.  About an hour went by.  He's concentrating on his iPhone-slinging.  I got up, stripped down, started stepping and snapping (I have rhythm, baby.)  He looked up from his phone and laughed.  I'm not offended.  It's funny! Then I picked up my bundle as I walked into the other room to clothe myself, as he yelled to me "Hey!  There's no snapping in the Deacon Shuffle!"  

WHAT THE???    

We're both laughing so hard as I walked back in the family room to do it again WITHOUT the freaking snapping.

He made my totally-earned "Birthday" Cookies.  They were delicious.



16 comments:

Sherra said...

You really should be a writer! You're captivating!

The Mack's said...

You're so funny!! I Love it!!!

Cherai said...

If you go private make sure and invite me. I have enjoyed getting to know you this way. Del use to be my big brother when I was little until he dropped off the planet. Little stinker.

Wendy said...

Oh my word...You are nervy girl! I can't believe you totally just shared this with the world. Oh, wait, I can believe it. You're so freakin' crack-up funny. Poor Del...Lucky Del...

Ginger said...

I'm with Cherai... if you go private I want in... And yes, with Cherai again... YOU are EXACTLY what Mr. Unsociable needed in his life! Love ya Delbert! :-)
I love your blog... wish I actually had something to say on mine!

Sandra said...

Okay, Kristin, I stalk you but I don't usually comment. This deserved a comment. Totally hilarious and thank you for sharing. You make me laugh.

Pricilla said...

I recently found your blog and totally want an invite if you go private! I recently went public again for just that reason, a lot of family no longer visited. You are so funny!

Jordan and Luci said...

Seriously, you make me laugh. We might have to implement that in our house...oh and Jord is totally all about that iQuick Draw thing...he said, "We need to do something with them" after he saw that...hahaha!

Jared said...

Luci, you can't, you're in freakin
Canadia.

Rachel said...

I don't think I understand, do you think you could video dell in his shirt and post that please??? That would be sooo helpful! Some people are just visual learners.

Corrianne said...

oh my hilarious! Can I just say I love your stinkin guts! You and Del make me laugh so hard! I love and miss you like crazy!

Scott's said...

I don't even have words to describe my thoughts. I am laughing out loud though. I don't know if I can ever look at the two of you the same again. My may just giggle every time I do!!!

Sparkle Mama said...

I agree with whoever Sherra is... you should be a writer! But I have to add that you should also be a comedian, a model, and interior designer! You are a very talented lady :) And a BLAST!

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

I came up with several comments, but since we are only related by marriage to cousins I am not sure of their appropriateness. Just kidding. Please don't go private. Your blog is one of the most interesting and I can't remember invites and passwords to save my life. Don't take away my entry into the world of iphone quick draw and NDS. It would just be too depressing.
Ryan

Collette said...

LOL! Super funny post!

On going private.. one of my most favorite blogs that I stalk just went private.. and I cried! I don't really know her at all.. so why should she care! But I'm sad that I can't blog stalk her anymore! So.. I think I'm against going private! Just so I can blog stalk anyone! hehe!

Ken said...

I'm still awaiting the NDS over here. Keri wouldn't even think it a big deal if I did it. Dangit!