Sunday, November 2, 2008

!!@#$%^&*!!

Last night Matt, Bug and I were going out for a night on the town.  We had to buy them new pants, because they won't stop growing, and then we went to dinner and a movie afterward.  Del wasn't feeling well, so he volunteered to stay home with the younger three.

As I was finishing up my makeup to look presentable, I always save mascara for last, but before the mascara, I have to crimp my pathetic excuse for lashes.  I finished the right eye and moved on to the left.  As I was crimping the left side, my hand slipped, and the HORROR we all hear about happened to ME!  Mmmm Hmmmm - my lashes ripped out of the skin.  I let out a "yelp" quietly, as I pulled the lash-curler away to look at the damage.  I just ripped out the left half of my lashes!

At least I didn't rip ALL of them out - just the left half (right side of the pic).  My eye feels really weird now.  From now on - BOTH HANDS to hold the curler.

So - I took the opportunity to take more pics.  I LOVE taking photos.


My murdered lashes.

See what I mean?!  (ignore the wrinkles)

Up-close-and-personal with my eyeball.

11 comments:

Emily H said...

Holy Crap! That made me hurt just reading it!

Jared and Janelle said...

Lol. Good thing they will grow back.

Betsy said...

ouch! but nice pictures!! I can tell you've been practicing.

Collette said...

I have chills just thinking of it! UGH! But I love the eye ball pics! Those are fun!

Wendy said...

What the....??? I never heard of such a thing. OWEEE!!! Do they grow back? I'll pray for you. Nice pics. What wrinkles? BTW--you should see my gray roots, I haven't had my hair done since you left...

Ruthy Butler said...

Dang, and you didn't have many eyelashes to start with!

MaryAnn said...

Oouch. I'm so sorry.
May I just say that even with HALF of your eye lashes you still have very lovely eyes. Eyes that the rest of us could only hope for!
- MaryAnn

Unknown said...

Ahhh shucks, Mary. You're so sweet! I only cut out the eyeball so ya'll couldn't see the rest of the wrinkles REALLY up close. I like the red veins up close instead.

Julie said...

You have the funniest stories! Love the pics.

Trisha said...

Oooh, Kristin! Ouch! You poor thing, I'm so sorry. Just one more reason I've never used an eyelash curler.

Sparkle Mama said...

That is soooo sad! Ouch-e-wa-wa! I am so sorry... well at least there are false eyelashes at MAC you could buy until yours grow back. When I was a little girl I was trying to be like my Mom and "curl" my lashes, but I uses a pair of scissors! I cut off ALL of my lashes on both eyes. My Mom cried and cried :( The good news is that they all grew back.