Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Nutcracker

Last Friday we went to the Nutcracker at the Austin Ballet. It's the first time we've ever seen it, so it was a big treat for Sydney, Rylee and me.

Rylee knew exactly what was happening the whole time, and was explaining it to ME. Apparently in her music class at school, they reenacted it, so she knew the story well. I was very surprised she followed along so easily.

It was fun dressing up, and then going out to eat afterwards with our friends, Leslie and her two girls McKenely and Kaitlyn. We were pooped by the time we got home at 12:30 a.m.

I forgot my camera, so these were taken with my phone.


McKenely, Sydney, Rylee and Kaitlyn at the intermission.



Me and my girls.



Leslie and me.



After the ballet - a bunch of kids playing on the light show.



Looking out from the theater at the Austin skyline. It was beautiful - the picture doesn't do it justice.

4 comments:

Ruthy Butler said...

When did Syd start wearing glasses? Looks like fun!!!

Holli said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I went to the Nutcracker when I lived in San Francisco. It was a great show.

Sparkle Mama said...

Soooooooooo fun! I surprised my sister last year and took her to go see the Nutcracker. She said Christmas was just not Christmas without watching grown men dance around in tights..."Lords a leaping!" hee hee

Isn't Leslie the best? I just love her.

Ken said...

The girls look soo cute.

The light show reminds Keri of "Saturday Night Fever".