Monday, December 1, 2008

101 Things About ME

Brace yourself - this is a LOT of info you probably don't care to know. I did this last week, but forgot to post before I left. I'll post Thanksgiving events and pics as soon as I get it together. Soooooo many pics.

  1. I’m happily married to THE PERFECT MAN.
  2. I’m the mom of 5 children - 3 boys, 2 girls
  3. I’m the second oldest of eight - 4 girls, 4 boys.
  4. I wish I lived closer to all my siblings
  5. I consider myself a small-town girl, even though I’m no longer there.
  6. I LOVE my friends
  7. I like A clean house, not to be confused with “to”.
  8. I LOATHE laundry
  9. I like to organize things
  10. Can’t stand clutter (except on my bathroom sink)
  11. Favorite color is deep red
  12. Yellow makes me happy 
  13. I love sunshine, and love to watch the snow fall.
  14. I like to ride my motorcycle or scooter and feel the wind in my hair and the sun on my face.
  15. I love to listen to music. I rarely like silence
  16. I lock the door to the bathroom even though nobody else is home.
  17. I like to find something beautiful about everybody. 
  18. I cheer for the underdog.
  19. I’m very limber
  20. I’m a pincher and a poker
  21. I like doing hair
  22. I love doing makeup
  23. I’m a computer nerd
  24. I love to read romance novels
  25. I love to make people laugh
  26. I like to compliment strangers - breaks the ice.
  27. I like to make fun of myself.
  28. I hate to exercise, but I consider myself athletic.
  29. I love to wrestle with my husband.
  30. I love being with my husband above all other people.
  31. I like grammar, English, Spelling - favorite subject in school.
  32. I love creative writing
  33. I’m obsessed with barns. I’d like to drive around the country and take pictures of them.
  34. I love the smell of wet dirt.
  35. I also love the smell of freshly cut grass - reminds me of summer.
  36. I like to swim
  37. I don’t like to cook, but love to bake fun stuff.
  38. I’ll try anything once. I’m not scared of much.
  39. I don’t like public speaking - feels like I’m going to throw up.
  40. I like to get dressed up for special occasions.
  41. I love to take pictures - especially of my kids
  42. I love to make Del laugh - he doesn’t do it enough.
  43. I like my bedroom to be ice cold at night so I can snuggle under the blankets.
  44. I like modesty, and get annoyed when I see little girls in bikinis and spaghetti-straps. 
  45. I like to play board games with my family
  46. I love hanging out with my siblings and their spouses - they’re my favorite friends.
  47. I love taking computer classes.
  48. I like to act goofy for my kids
  49. I love to make my kids laugh
  50. I’m creative and love crafting
  51. I’m a cry-baby.
  52. When I’m hungry, I’m a BEAR.
  53. I’m a night-owl. 
  54. I’m the spitting image of my mother.
  55. My grandma Ruth is my IDOL.
  56. I love to sing opera to my kids - REALLY LOUD!
  57. I love it when my kids say “I love you” for no reason in particular.
  58. I love chocolate and almost anything sweet.
  59. If I could shave my head bald and get away with it, I would.
  60. I love it when I wake up, and Del is holding my hand.
  61. I type everything I hear in my head. (and move my fingers.)  I can't stop.
  62. I love costume/theme parties
  63. I don’t like snow.
  64. I love to go to Relief Society
  65. When I get REALLY mad - I clean my house. Don’t mess with me.
  66. I don’t hold grudges.
  67. I love to catch up with old friends.
  68. I love dancing.
  69. I was once Queen for a Day
  70. I’m a romantic.
  71. I was in HANDS ACROSS AMERICA.
  72. I love to learn new things.
  73. I love babies.
  74. I love to go to the movies.
  75. I love going to Broadway plays.
  76. I sat on President Spencer W. Kimball’s lap when I was a little girl.
  77. I came “THIIIIIS” close to meeting Muhammad Ali, but I was at a freaking time-share presentation instead.
  78. I “came on down” on The Price Is Right with Bob Barker.
  79. I met Jay Leno on my 30th birthday
  80. I used to be a PC girl - now I’m Apple all the way.
  81. I was “Pepper” - the mean orphan in the play ANNIE when I was little. 
  82. I have lived in Arizona, Virginia, Utah, California, and Texas.
  83. We found the “Imposters” in a bag of M&M’s and won the 2nd Grand Prize - a 6-month supply of M&M’s. First Grand Prize was a Million Dollars.
  84. I was grounded for my 16th and 18th birthdays for driving the car when I wasn’t supposed to. 
  85. I’m 6’0” tall, and PROUD of it.
  86. I went bungee jumping.
  87. I went to a Keith Urban concert in London, and sat 10 feet away from him. 
  88. I ate crepes at the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
  89. I kissed the Blarney Stone in Ireland.
  90. I learned how to whistle REALLY LOUD in 8th grade. My kids know it well, and come running when I whistle. It comes in VERY HANDY.
  91. My thighs rub together.
  92. I got an EAGLE at Pinehurst Golf Resort.
  93. I love the smell of rain in Arizona - and love watching the electrical storms.
  94. I love to laugh HARD with my siblings.
  95. I’m a procrastinator.
  96. I like to drive fast. Doesn’t matter that I have nowhere to go - I don’t like to go slow.
  97. I have a “bionic” nose. 
  98. I think it would be SO fun to be on a sitcom.
  99. I wandered around New York City all by myself for 3 days. Rode the subways, went through Central Park, museums, it was awesome.
  100. I’m blessed with really good, cool kids.
  101. I’m a far cry from SuperMom, but I try anyway.

8 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Can I just be the first to say. . . I want to be you when I grow up! AND will you raise my kids?
YOU ARE SO COOL!
-MaryAnn

MaryAnn said...

I loved reading this by the way.
So cute!!
Me again

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

Deep Red Rocks!!! and nothing beats the smell of Rain in AZ. Great list Kristin. Some we knew, some we did not. Sorry we missed you at Thanksgiving. I guess now we have to go to Texas.

Mhari said...

Hey this was a pretty cool thing. I love the rain in AZ too. That is one of the things I miss so much from living there. And it is neat to see different things about you. Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving.

The Fonseca's said...

I fell asleep half way through your list.....

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

Loved learning more about you...you're a great mom and friend! Thanks for your example.

Trisha said...

This was so fun to read! Bob Barker is my great uncle on my dad's dad's side, but I've never met him.

Sparkle Mama said...

It was an absolute blast to read all of these things about you. You are so, very fun! I love your zest for life and caring nature for others. You are a real hoot!