Saturday, December 20, 2008

Little Aimee

I just received an email from my friend Aimee who lives in England.  She just had a baby last month, and I can't tell you how excited I am for her, so I thought I'd share her good news.

To make a long story short - she had a baby many years ago, but because of complications, he only lived for a very short time. Not long after that, they adopted Paddy - who is the cutest little boy you'll ever meet - especially with his English accent.   And now - 7 years later, she just had another baby, Alfred.  Adorable!

Aimee lives in England, and a few years ago when Del and I took a trip there, I had a chance to hang out with Aimee sight-seeing in London for a day while Del had to work. I also got to go stay at her house and explore Canterbury, which is close to where she lives. It was SOOOO much fun. I can't wait to do it again.

For her birthday that year, her sweet husband Phil got her Keith Urban tickets, but since he had no clue who the man was, he offered to let me go in his stead. (Yes PLEASE!) It was THE best concert I've ever been to - we were within arms' reach of Keith. We sat on the inside of the baracade that separates the stage from the audience. (Security guard felt bad that she'd have to stare at the other concert-goers backsides all night, as it was standing room only in front of the stage.) It helps to hang out with a little person - they get all the perks. We look like a freak-show hanging out together, as I'm 6'0" and she's MAYBE 4'0". It's fun to watch people's reaction as we walk by. Good times, good times.

Here are a bunch of pics of us hanging out that week in England.


Aimee's House


Buckingham Palace


On top of the famous red Tour Bus.  A rare sunshiny day in London.


Keith Urban Concert


Up-close-and-personal with our good friend Keith.  Yes, we felt the drops of sweat fly - LOL, we didn't care.


Phil, Aimee and Paddy.  They call themselves "The Littles."


Walking around Canterbury, I had to take MICRO baby steps with these two.  Paddy was 4 years old at the time, but had the stride of an 18-month old.  As it started to rain, I picked him up so we could move faster.  When I lifted him, he was sooo excited he yelled, "Mummy, I'm BIGGER!"  (I LOVE his English accent.)


With a bunch of freaks hanging out by Big Ben.  We asked if we could get a picture with them.  They said it would cost us $1.  The guy with his hand over my shoulder thought it would be fun to flip-off the camera, but I gave him what-for and said my kids will see this picture!  I convinced him that if there were any obscene gestures, he wouldn't get paid.  They happily complied.

To check out Aimee's cute pics of her cute new Alfred - click her link to the right under Arizona - she's The Little Yankee living in England.

3 comments:

trollig said...

Kristin
Thanks for sharing the info on Aimee! What a great Christmas gift!! Love the pictures!!
MErry Christmas
Holli

Lisa said...

How cool! I love all the pictures. I know this is random, but I swear she looks familiar! Did they do a TV special about her family on Discovery Health? If not, she looks so familiar to me, and I can't figure out why!

Sparkle Mama said...

That is so neat! I love London :) I was fortunate to get to go there 2 times when I was living in Germany and it was a blast! Your friends are so cute. I love the height differences... classic!