Saturday, December 6, 2008

Our 16th Anniversary...

Yesterday we celebrated 16 years together.  Holy Moly, can you believe it?  We can't - LOL.

We went to the Alamo Drafthouse for dinner and a movie - Australia.  It was good, but really LONG.  I hate it when a movie has so much hype, that you're expecting an EPIC blah blah blah.  It was just good - not "epic." IMHO.

Del also brought home a bouquet of 16 roses, one for each year, and a charm bracelet from Brighton.  Love it.



We've almost been together half of my life.  We grew up together - I was 20, and he was 22 when we got married.  It's a Christmas-Miracle that we made it through that first year of pure hell.   OK, there were SOME good times, but I mostly remember NOT getting along.   If we went a WHOLE day without fighting, we thought it was an accomplishment.  I wouldn't change a thing though - makes me appreciate how sweet our relationship is NOW.

Everyday we were engaged, he asked me, "Are you sure about this?"  

My reply was always the same - "Yep, I'm sure."



We look sooooo young. It was hard to imagine at the time where we might be 16 years later:
  • 11 moves
  • 5 States
  • 5 awesome kids
  • A dog
  • Bachelor's, Master's, Beauty School
  • Multiple Employers
  • Multiple church callings
  • Additional pounds
  • Multiple shades of hair / Hair loss
  • Nieces, Nephews and In-Laws.
  • Soooo many GREAT friends.



I love you.

6 comments:

Holli said...

Congrats on 16 years! That's awesome. We saw Australia. It wasn't as good as I hoped, but still enjoyed it mostly. Especially Hugh Jackman. I don't usually get worked up about actors, but wow, he was sooo hot in that movie.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I have so many fond memories of our first year... NOT. It took several years to break you of all your bad habits, but it was well worth it!

I love you.

Del

Unknown said...

Yeah, don't push your luck - I'll break YOU like a bad habit...

And BTW - everybody left their curling irons on 24/7 back then as automatic switch-offs didn't exist back then. So sorry about the scars. Just consider it a little something to remember our first year of bliss. ;)

Trisha said...

Congratulations!

Collette said...

16 years! WOW! You really have been married for half MY life! I'm 32! Love the now and then pics! You guys are hot!

Congratulations!

Sparkle Mama said...

So dang sweet! I love the wedding picture and then the present picture of you two. Who took those pictures of y'all and your family Christmas picture? Just curious.