Thursday, December 4, 2008

My JOY...

Yesterday was one of those days where I just couldn't get it together. Felt like I accomplished nothing. Not even a shower or got dressed.

Started out fighting with the kids, trying to hurry them along with the morning routine; find clothes to wear, find shoes, eat breakfast, don't forget to brush your teeth, sign daily folders, wear your jacket so you don't get cold, can't find a jacket? -
"Wear mine, I promise it's a men's jacket, because girl jackets don't fit me!" "I swear - nobody will laugh at you or think you're a girl, just because you wear a light-blue jacket!"

whine, whine, whine whine, whine.

"Fine, here's a green jacket - how about it?"

Big sigh, another whine, yelling, tears, silence.

Sheesh! Morning from hell over a jacket!? FIRST teenager, and only 13. Does not bode well for the rest of them and for how many years?

By the time the kids got home from school, I had made cookies to help erase the memory of morning. They were all happy again eating cookie dough.

I walked in my bedroom with Rylee trailing behind me, and she asked if she could lay in bed with me and snuggle under the covers. (Yes, please) She wanted to play with my phone (fun games on the iPhone) so I said sure. We played under the covers, tickling for a while when she asked if we could take pictures. 

Rylee is my joy. I love playing with her, tickling her, snuggling her, hearing her say "I love you" for no reason whatsoever. I don't want her to grow up.














"I know - take one of me as a bunny!"

12 comments:

D. Goddess said...

I have days like that too, but they don't look as cute. Oh, I miss that cute Rylee and her adorable little voice!

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with those kind of days. Mornings are tough! I haven't showered yet either...too much time reading blogs! I love it when my kids want to be with me too. Its too sad when the older ones don't want to as much anymore and you have to bribe them to cuddle with you. But I'm not too proud to do it!
Shannon

Trisha said...

That is so sweet.

Rushell said...

The first half of this post terrifies me having three boys, the second half makes me so happy to be a mom and now I want to chuck them all into bed with me right now!

Wendy said...

I love this post and the pics of you and Rylee - isn't that what life is all about anyway? We roll with the good times and the bad and the best times are when we're just chillin acting goofy. You're an awesome mom and I love ya!

Betsy said...

There's just something about those youngest baby girls! I have one too!

Adam said...

Looks like she wanted to be an angry bunny.

Julie said...

What fun pictures!

MaryAnn said...

So you are human after all? I'M SO GLAD!! :)
Makes me feel a whole lot better about myself! :)
LOVE the pics. What a cutie! (Rylee!)

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

I am the biggest cry baby ever...I am crying! I just love those pictures and the whole story....it is all WAY to familiar! :) SO CUTE! You should frame one of those!

Unknown said...

Natalie - I love that you were crying! I was crying when I posted them. Can you say - meltdown? (I think it's early menopause. One can only HOPE for such an explanation.)

Sparkle Mama said...

Okay...so this blog totally made me tear up- I know I am such a cheese ball, but what can I say? That is who I am. I love the pictures and how y'all captured the moment. Emma is growing up so fast and I cherish how she loves and adores me right now. Snuggling is always fun.