Monday, November 3, 2008

Family Website...

We have a family website at myfamily.com. If you haven't heard of it, it has been great - everybody from my mom's side of the family can input news, recipes, events, photos, etc.

We used to have a lot more activity on there before everybody started their own individual blogs - now everybody just blog-hops, I think.  For the last few years, I've written on there - primarily as a journal of sorts. But a friend told me that there are companies out there in the great beyond (don't know who they are yet) that will print your blogs and put them in a book - how cool is THAT? This sold me on blogging! I've never been a consistent journal-writer, so I'm going to use this as my journal. Which means, I have to input most of the stuff I put on myfamily.com - so it can be included in the book.  

So if you've seen these pictures or stories before, I'm sorry for the boring repeats.  Hey, I have a great idea - just blog-hop again! 

So with that little intro - this was from a couple years ago...

(Posted Dec. 2006)
A couple days ago, Rylee went with Del to the grocery store, and while passing through the cake mix aisle, she said to Del – “Daddy, I REALLY wanted a rainbow cake for my birthday.” (Even though she told me she wanted chocolate at the time, which is what I made for her 4th birthday.)

Del agreed to her whim, and bought the cake mix. So yesterday after we enjoyed our delicious turkey steaks, with mashed potatoes and mushroom soup gravy (had to share the dinner details for all you non-Utahns who aren’t close enough to partake) Del made the rainbow cake for dessert. We told Rylee that since we’re having a pretend birthday cake for her, she can choose how old she wants to be. She said she wanted to be 10 years old. So Del broke out the candles and put 10 pink ones on the cake for her so she could make a wish and blow them out. We sang happy birthday and took pictures.

We had a good laugh, and then mom got on the phone to wish Rylee a happy 10th birthday, and promised she’d send a card. Rylee loved it!  It was great fun.

Rylee as we're singing Happy Birthday to her.

Haaaaaappy Biiiiiirthdaaaay tooooooooo Youuuuuuu....

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I have seen the books! AWESOME! I think shutterfly does it. If you just google it, you'll see several choices. Way cool idea!
OK, I've been on computer WAY too much today. Talked to you this morning, noon, afternoon, and evening. GO AWAY! :)

Unknown said...

LOL - thanks for the info! See, I told you I need a 12-step program! I just want you to know I wasn't on here solid all day - YOU just happened to be here at the same times - LOL!

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

Totally cool...it takes all of your info from your blog and downloads it into a book. You can rearrange it the way you want. Super easy and pretty inexpensive. Great Christmas present idea too. Check out blurb.com