Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What?@#$%^&*!

Last night as Bug and I were driving home from his football game, he was very excited after a WIN.  Wahooo! 

Bug says - "Hey Mom, coach said that if the team wins one more game, we get to go to Hooters!"

My head snapped to his face - "WHAT?!"

"Coach said if we win 5 games, he'll take us to Hooters."

Me, internally FREAKING out - "Do you even know what Hooters is?"

Bug - "No."  (phewww!)

I then explained what it was, and how inappropriate it was for Middle School kids to have this as an INCENTIVE.  I had him replay exactly what was said so I could get my story straight before I called the Principal to take a bite out of him.  I asked him if he liked that coach, and he said not really, because he cusses.  He said he throws out the "F" bomb too.

Isn't a coach supposed to be a role-model?  Mentor?  

So this morning I called BOTH principals to cover all my bases.  One each for 7th and 8th.  (Never heard of such a thing.)  Both principals were shocked.  They're looking into it immediately, and apologized for my freak-out.

The 7th grade principal called back after talking to a few students AND the coach.  The coach said a kid came up and asked him if they could go to Hooters if they won 5 games.  The coach, not paying much attention gave the pat answer, "sure, sure."  The kid was so excited that he went and told everybody the coach said YES.  

He assured Mr. Principal that he would never actually take them, and that he should've nipped it in the bud.  DUH!

Bug lookin' studly in his uniform.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Way to go Mom! Isn't it scary some of the influences our kids are getting out there?

Gma Karen said...

But what about the F bomb? No reply on that?

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

I was going to ask the same thing as your mom about the language.....unbelievable. At least they really weren't going to Hooters. Your a good mom!

Ryan and Shannon Rapier said...

Nothing says American like the 4th of July, Apple Pie and the F Bomb associated with football in Texas. But is football in Texas ready for Mama Claridge? Good for you Kristen.

Sparkle Mama said...

Oh my! Crazy, crazy, crazy! Way to take action and call the school! You go girl!