Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dental Day...

We love Uncle Eric and Cousin Josh for spending ALL-the-live-long-day with us last Friday. The kids said they had fun - they're demented, we know.

Eric only had one patient that morning, and then blocked off the rest of the day for the Claridge Crew. OK, except for the hour or two when he and Josh were interviewing new hygienists to fill a position. The kids got to watch movies all day and take turns on the laptop. We also went to Cafe' de France for lunch - it was muy bueno. Then Tosha brought in Pizza for dinner which was very thoughtful - you da bomb! I still owe you, thank you.

Thanks Eric and Josh for all your hard work and patience - we love you! (Payment is in the mail!)

We all got fillings except for Rylee.  She was born with a cleft palate and had surgery when she was 10 months old to fix it.  But because of her cleft, Eric couldn't take good x-rays (the sensor/film thingy wouldn't fit in her tiny mouth.)  She had a pan-scan(?), but he couldn't see anything major.  The rest of us weren't so lucky.  Sydney had to have a tooth pulled along with fillings.  NOT FUN!  We've all committed to brushing our teeth morning AND night AND flossing regularly!

The fun thing about having my brother as my dentist, is that I can get up-close-and-personal to take pictures, play with utensils and glasses, take x-rays,  take my own impressions, practice dental-assisting and help clean up.  It was very educational. 
The purple parts are where there is plaque. Gross huh!?

We all had a good lesson on HOW to brush teeth!

Matt getting his fillings.

Matt's pucker after he was numb on BOTH sides.  It's the weirdest pucker I've ever seen!  I like the little slobber in the corner that he can't feel.

Eric looking very dentisty.

Lucky Bug didn't have to get numb - his cavity wasn't that deep.
No weird pucker for him.

Travis' deer-in-the-headlights look.

Sydney getting numb. See the tear rolling down her cheek?  It's almost to her ear. She was great though - she had the most work done. She was just scared of getting her tooth pulled. She needed a moment to breathe.  I bet Eric didn't notice the daggers she was shooting him either.
She has perfected that stare - it's TALENT status!

Her pucker after one side was numb.
She had to get the other side done later that night. Poor girl.

My silly pucker.

Trying the magnifiers. They're fun.
I'm a pincher and a poker - these babies would come in really handy!
I feel so official. I have super-powers - I need a cape.

Cousin Josh -
AKA:
Dental Assistant,
Office Manager,
Head Ginklefritz.

Poor Dr. Eric tuckered out - we were there until 11:30 pm!

Fun times, fun times.

We couldn't wait to hit the pillows. The next morning I cut hair for Eric, Mallory, Collin, Kendra, & McKenna. Sadly, the only picture I took was of Mallory as we were driving away. But here she is:

Cute, cute girl. She and Syd are the same age - they had fun hanging out.

She was so excited to get her hair cut. She kept swinging it around and shaking her head.

We stayed in Amarillo (by morning - up from San Antone....) Saturday night, and went the rest of the way Sunday.  What a stinkin' BORING drive!  There's a whole lotta nuthin' to see.  Although - I was very excited to fill up my tank outside Amarillo for $1.99 a gallon.  $50 to fill up?!  Suuuuuweeeet!

3 comments:

Collette said...

That just looked like torture! Oh my! LOL! Love the up close and personal pics though!

Julie said...

I love the pictures of your kids and the wind! You are so funny!

Carter Family...... said...

I'm so glad you posted a comment, it is so much fun finding people you haven't see for years. Your family is so adorable! What a crazy trip! Tell Del I said HI!