Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Family Fun Night....

(Posted Sept. 22, 2003)

FAMILY FUN NIGHT.......

About once a month we have "Family Fun Night" with our kids. This means we buy a family movie for the month - turn off all the lights, grab our pillows and blankies and lie down all over the family room. We pop popcorn - each getting their own bowl, and disperse ziplock baggies filled with M&M's and various other little cavity-makers to each member so that we can enjoy the whole movie experience.

Last night Del had to make a run to the little boys' room, so he handed Rylee (almost 1 yr. old) over to me to hold briefly on the left side of my lap, as Sydney (3 yrs.) was already sitting on the right side watching the movie and eating her M&M's.

Rylee gets so excited at times that her arms and legs get going really fast as if she cannot contain herself any longer. During one of her bursts of enthusiasm, Sydney was just about to put an M&M into her mouth. But as it was about to reach her lips, Rylee started flailing her limbs and kicked Sydney's hand upward, shoving the blue M&M up Sydney's nose.

She tried really hard to get it out by herself, reaching up her nose with her little fingers, but accidentally lodged it farther up there. I could feel it in there when I tried squeezing her nose, but as I squeezed, I could hear the outer chocolate shell crack. Now Sydney is REALLY panicking! She screams for Daddy to come help rescue her, as I yell for him to grab the tweezers on his way back to the family room.

The second Sydney sees tweezers, she freaks out, and screams frantically that it's going to hurt!! I couldn't go near her with them. So we grabbed a few tissues and told her to blow as hard as she could. She got confused with the term BLOW and instead - INHALED!! Meanwhile, blue liquid is streaming out her nose. Aack!!

Finally she blew pretty hard and got half the chocolate blue mess out. And a few more blows and it was all clear. Halellujah - the M&M was set free!!  She jumped down and sat on the floor for the rest of the movie, because she didn't want to sit next to Rylee any more.

And another Family Fun Night was a success!

Ry and Syd goofing around in CA.

Rylee trying to peek around the camera to see me.  I really miss that baby with her
"Lenny and Squiggy" hair.

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Ya know? Rylee is a beautiful baby!...But I must admit, the phrase, "Lenny and Squiggy" hair came to my mind before I ever read your comment below the picture! Seriously! Precious! CUTE!:)

Sparkle Mama said...

LOL- I needed a good laugh... I look forward to moments like those with Emma and Ethan- ha ha!